Sunday, May 11, 2014

Inspired by at nearly the last minute...

I went back and forth on doing a quilt for the Quilt Alliance this year.  Life is always busy all around and adding one more deadline felt like it could be too much.  So, yesterday I decided to give it a go and get started.  I had the idea and had found my inspiring quilt.

I am in awe when ever I see a Baltimore Album Quilt.  The lovely applique, the variety of colors and the vast variety of block design.  I even took a class in needle turn applique in the hopes of one day creating my own.

With the Quilt Alliance Inspired by challenge,  I am creating a Baltimore Album Quilt my way,  with raw edges, novelty yarn, hand and machine embroidery as well as a few beads. 

Here are the first few blocks.....
And yikes,  the deadline is June 1.......I will be a busy quilter the next few weeks. 










No comments: