Monday, January 14, 2013

Tea Time Stripes

I may be a little bias,  but I just love knitting up my Tea Time Slipper Pattern.  They are quick and easy with no seams and just a bit of weaving in the ends.  Then toss them in the wash to felt up (takes about 3 cycles in my top loader)  Shape and let dry.  Check out he pretty pair I made for my mom for Christmas...

Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted


With my slippers from last year wearing thin, it was time to dig through the stash and see what colors I could knit up.  I have always made them in one color but have been mulling over the idea of using multiple colors. 

I had just finished a pair of slippers for my mom in purple,  but did not have enough leftover to make a pair for me,  so I dug around and found a partial skein of grey that again, was not enough to make a pair of slipper for me.

Now to figure out the pattern,  stripes seemed like the easy answer and after searching around and looking at other multi color felted projects  I decided to try a fade in fade out stripe pattern. They knit up quick and I had to do a bit more weaving in ends but check out the results. 

I was a bit worried that the stripe would be distorted in the felting process,  but for the most part they stayed true. 

I love them and cant wait to wear them, but first I need to sew on some leather/ultrasuede soles so this pair will last a little longer.

No comments: