Saturday, December 01, 2012

My Birdy Witch

Long over due photos of the Halloween costume I made for Abby. 

I found this tutorial via Pinterest for the bird wings.  I made mine using some black fleece as the base of each wing and a jelly roll of purple and black fabric I just happened upon at Hobby Lobby.  Not a seam to be found on the wings I did everything raw edge.  I used an old Crystal Light container to trace a perfect scallop pattern onto a some freezer paper,  then used that on each of the strips.  I think they turned out fabulous and would love a set for myself.  


I also made the long tutu skirt out of tulle and the birdy mask as well as added a bit of tulle to a witch hat from last year.


The kids had a great time trick or treating and handing out candy at our door.

No comments: