Friday, May 18, 2012

Abby's Fairy Garden

I have been collecting pictures of fairy gardens via Pinterest for awhile.  I thought it would be a fun summer activity for the kids and get them involved in picking out some flowers and planting them around their own gardens.  This past weekend, I got a start on Abby's fairy garden, Alex is going to have a dragon's lair tucked in a corner planter. 

To get started our garden fairies needed a house.  I had been on the hunt for a good fairy house at all of the local garden shops but found nothing.  Searching the internet,  I found this one, but it was a little too pricy and I loved the look of  these,  but seemed a bit too time consuming to create.  So I started to search around the house and came up some scraps left from the great deck construction of 2009. 

The houses are made from  the post sleeves and caps.  I drew a door on with a sharpie and the dear hubby cut them out. 

I added a few rock trails and hope to add some flowers and more landscaping this weekend.  I just love the start to our fairy garden. 

The other big project is the yard is completed as well.  A play fort for the kids. 

No comments: