My Alliance for American Quilts entry has been nagging at me to finish it up....
I decided to add some flowers, and after some discussion with a fellow quilter on not having just the right color yellow to create some flowers that would pop against the brick background. She came through with a bag of "screaming" yellow colors that really popped.
The flower petals are individually cut out and then attached to add a little dimension to the flat brick.
I have some beading to do and embroidery I would like to add, but overall it is coming together.
In other happening around here, I celebrated my 40th birthday at the end of March. Not much fan fair and very few "over the hill" jokes. I did bake myself a cake...Strawberry from The Cake Mix Doctor.