Wednesday, April 11, 2012

40

My Alliance for American Quilts entry has been nagging at me to finish it up....
I decided to add some flowers, and after some discussion with a fellow quilter on not having just the right color yellow to create some flowers that would pop against the brick background.  She came through with a bag of "screaming" yellow colors that really popped. 
The flower petals are individually cut out and then attached to add a little dimension to the flat brick.   


I have some beading to do and embroidery I would like to add,  but overall it is coming together.   


In other happening around here,  I celebrated my 40th birthday at the end of March. Not much fan fair and very few "over the hill" jokes. I did bake myself a cake...Strawberry from The Cake Mix Doctor. 

No comments: